Rose Heart Border Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

American Idol Tour BA-BAY!


The tour is coming to Tampa in August and although I'm dreadfully aware of the swarms of teeny-boppers that are going to be wailing around me, I felt it was worth spending just a little bit of money to see my beloved Jason! This little blurb sums up why:

"It was his voice. A voice that made me feel, a voice that transported me in place and time, a voice that lifted me to summertime bonfires, to dark rooms and tear stained faces, to retrospective gratefulness for the life I have behind and before me, to the joyful whimsy of childhood. I’m not sure what this man-child has but whatever it is, it’s infectious and delicious.

"Jason Castro was a gift to American Idol. No, he doesn’t have a voice that is technically flawless with a five-octave range but his flaws are perfect flaws. They are the flaws of heart and soul, they are the flaws of a song sung about life lived with a knowing and a beauty, I can feel what he’s saying with every crack, with every broken note, with every perfect flight into falsetto, he moves me. So, on the day his CD hits the store shelves I’ll pick up a copy and the next and the next. I’ll miss you Jason, I’ll miss your voice, I’ll miss your attitude, I’ll miss your face, and I’ll miss someone that “was thinking Bob Marley.”

Amen to that.

1 comments:

Shane and Michelle said...

I know this sounds retarded, but I've never seen Jason Castro, I had no idea he was on American Idol (remember I don't have television, by choice?) Wow he is good. I even put "over the rainbow" on my blog because shane and I like the song a lot! Well have a great time and let us know how it goes. Take pictures!!