Rose Heart Border Pictures, Images and Photos

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

pumpkin cookies


I love these iced pumpkin cookies!! If you know me, you know I don't like to cook, but these are a fall must-have! We are going to make some for family home evening this Monday and share them with friends and family. You should try some too!...Yummy!

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

FROSTING:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.

2 comments:

Tamara Cobb said...

Thanks for the recipe. I was just thinking about doing a search online for a good cookie, and then I saw your blog and there was a cookie recipe...I will have to try it out and let you know how they are!

Lisa said...

Hey girl! Wonderful. Hopefully Tamara will make this recipe for all of us. lol She is awesome cook and baker. Well I hope I was able to dispell your concerns this morning. Don't worry about a thing :) Love ya,
Lisa